City museum in the former Franciscan monastery

Museum in the monastery

The Saalfeld Franciscan Monastery was founded around 1250 by the Counts of Schwarzburg. The first documentary mention of the convent, located on the western edge of the medieval town, dates from June 16, 1265.

The monastery existed until the Reformation, but was dissolved in 1534 and thus lost its original function. A uniform use of the entire ensemble was no longer possible in the following period; instead, parts of the former monastery were now given new uses.

Opening hours:
Tuesday to Sunday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Christmas Day and Boxing Day from 13.00 to 17.00

Closed on Mondays, 24.12. and 31.12.


Münzplatz 5 - 07318 Saalfeld

Parking facilities:
At the market, in the Dr.-Wilhelm-Külz-Straße or the parking lot "Knochstraße"

The museum is wheelchair accessible. (except roof truss)


Bitte akzeptieren Sie Marketing Cookies, um das Video auf unserer Seite anzusehen.


Das Angebot enthält:

The offer includes:

Visit to the museum exhibitions of the city and regional history in the former Franciscan monastery



Adult 5,00 €
Child (up to 14 years) 1,00 €
Pupils, students, severely disabled € 3.00

Tickets are also available at the Tourist Information (Markt 6) or at the ticket office in the Craftsmen's Courtyard of the Feengrotten Adventure World.

Duration: approx. 1 - 2 hours
Jetzt anfragen
mit Termin kaufen
als Gutschein kaufen

Bitte wählen Sie einen Tag aus

{{ legende.monatsname }}
{{ tag.nummer }}
{{ tag.nummer }}

Bitte wählen Sie einen Termin aus

Wie möchten Sie Ihren Gutschein erhalten?

Bitte wählen Sie die gewünschten Artikel aus:

{{ artikel.titel }}
{{ artikel.preis | formatPreis}} €
{{ artikelPreis(artikel) }}
{{ angebot.versand.versandkosten | formatPreis}} €
{{ gesamtpreis }}